What types of problems does SiteLock scan for?
Posted by Rafeed A. on 11 June 2012 05:39 PM
SiteLock performs a Deep 360 Scan that encompasses:
- Reputation monitoring: ensures the reputation of the website is intact and communication to visitors and customers is uninterrupted.
- Malware blacklist: monitors search engine and proprietary malware lists to make sure the site is not blocked by search engines and browsers.
- Spam blacklist: ensures that e-mails reach customers' inbox (not their Spam folder), SiteLock verifies e-mail addresses, domains, and email servers against lists used by popular email tools to identify spam.
- SSL Verification: ensures users do not see a certificate warning or error when visiting your site.
- Network security: validates the security of the network by making sure there is no opportunity for hackers to access the server.
- Drive-by-downloads: scans the website to ensure visitors are not being infected with viruses often placed on websites by hackers.
- Customer data protection (SQL & XSS): performs forward- and backward-looking scans to make sure current and future visitor/customer data on the site is secure.
- Application security: verifies that any 3rd-party applications installed on your website are secure and up-to-date.
- Business Verification: certifies the validity of the business and provides a certification badge to display to website visitors to let them know the business or website is legitimate.
- Domain ownership: ensures that the domain owner is in control of the website domain.
- Postal Address: verifies that the site owner can receive and respond to postal mail, such as customer payments or inquiries.
- Phone Verification: ensures that there is a phone number where customers can report issues or request additional products or services.